Roasted Potato and Yam Medley
Author: The Mediterranean Dish
Recipe type: Side
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled, washed and roughly cut into 1-inch pieces or cubes
- 1 medium size yam, peeled, washed and cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ¼ tbsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano spices or Italian seasoning
- ½ medium red onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1½ tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash and prepare vegetables as indicated above. In a large bowl, place potato, yam, onion and spices and hand-toss well with the vinegar and olive oil.
- Lightly oil large baking dish or sheet. Transfer potato, yam and onion mixture onto the baking sheet forming one layer.
- Bake on 425 F for 20-25 minutes. You may want to turn the veggies once as they bake so that they brown evenly.
- If you like them extra crunchy, you may broil for a brief three minutes on high.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with fresh cilantro (optional).