Let's talk easy braised lamb chops, ya'll! And let me just tell you right now, plan on at least 2-3 chops per person. Lamb chops are small, but they make a GLORIOUS dinner! Step-by-step photos included.
- 8 lamb chops (2-inch thick)
- olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups broth (your choice of beef or vegetable broth)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried crushed mint (more for garnish)
Cranberry-Harissa and mint chutney
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp dried crushed mint
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the spice mix.
- Spice the lamb chops on all sides generously with the spice mix.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Now add lamb chops and brown on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb momentarily from the cooking skillet.
- In the same skillet, add sliced shallots and toss around briefly. Now add white wine and bay leaf. Bring to a high simmer and let the liquid reduce slightly (about 4 minutes). Add broth and lemon juice, and let simmer again on medium-high heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add lamb back to skillet and let everything cook together for 10 minutes.
- Cover skillet and place in a 350 F-heated oven for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours, or until lamb is cooked to tender. Turn lamb over half-way through cooking. Uncover and let cook another 10 minutes.
- While lamb cooks, proceed to make the cranberry-harissa and mint chutney. Place chutney ingredients in a heavy sauce pan or pot. Place on medium-high heat and bring to a boil; stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and let simmer until cranberries soften forming a thick chutney (about 10-15 minutes). Stir a couple of times while it cooks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once lamb is ready, serve hot with a little garnish of crushed mint and fresh parsley leaves. Place wine-lemon braising sauce and the cranberry-harissa chutney in two bowls to serve alongside the lamb.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours 20 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Braised Lamb Chops, Lamb chops with Cranberry-Harissa, Cranberry-Harissa, Lamb Chops, Mediterranean Lamb Chops