This chunky citrus avocado dip borrows a bit of a Mediterranean twist that will surprise your taste buds in the best way possible. Bright and packed with flavor, and you will love the texture. This dip is so versatile, be sure to see how I serve it.
- 2 Navel oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 large avocados (or 3 smaller avocados), pitted, peeled and diced
- ½ cup/ 60 g chopped red onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup/ 7 g chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup/400 g walnut hearts, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ tsp Sumac
- Juice of 1 lime
- Generous drizzle Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ oz/ 49 g crumbled feta cheese
- Place oranges, avocado, red onions, fresh herbs, and walnuts in one large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, sumac and pinch of cayenne.
- Add lime juice and a generous drizzle of Early Harvest EVOO. Toss gently to combine. Add feta cheese on top. Serve with your favorite healthy chips.
- Cook’s Tip: If you are preparing this for a party and want to work a little bit ahead, you can prep some of the ingredients except the avocados. Peel and chop avocados and add them to the bowl with the remaining ingredients just before you need to serve them. Then dress everything up with the spices, lime juice and EVOO and mix.
- Ideas for Serving This Dip: I love how versatile this avocado dip is. There would be nothing wrong at all with serving it the classic way–with your favorite chips or crostini as part of Mezze. But this satisfying dip would be just as welcomed piled on top of warm toast (similar idea to this), or as a fun side to a crispy Mediterranean trout or lemon chicken.
- Tip for Storing Leftovers: this avocado dip will keep well for 1 to 2 days if properly refrigerated in a tight-lid glass container. As you know, like apples, avocados do turn brown because of oxidization. And after a couple of days in the fridge, if you notice a substantial puddle of brown liquid and the layers below the surface of the dip have lost their vibrant green hue, it’s time to throw it out.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Sumac spice and Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives)
- Visit our store here
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Avocado Dip, Mediterranean Dip, Healthy Party Dip