Simple crustless zucchini quiche recipe with fresh herbs, tomatoes, and shallots. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a light dinner.
- 1 medium tomato sliced into thin rounds
- Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds (about 8 ounces sliced zucchini)
- 3 shallots, sliced into rounds (about 3.5 ounces sliced shallots)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella (nearly 2 ounces)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (about 0.35 ounces)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour OR all-purpose flour (about 2 ounces), sifted
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley (about 0.2 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Leave for a few minutes, then pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a large cooking skillet, heat 2 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add zucchini and shallots. Season with kosher salt, pepper, and 1/2 tsp sweet paprika. Raise heat slightly, and sautee, tossing regularly, until vegetables are tender and nicely colored (with some brown spots on zucchini).
- Transfer the cooked zucchini and shallots mixture to the bottom of a lightly oiled 9-inch pie dish like this one. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top. Add mozzarella, and Parmesan (spread evenly across).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, remaining 1/2 tsp paprika, baking powder, flour, and fresh parsley.
- Pour egg mixture into the pie dish on top of the cheese mixture.
- Bake in 350 degrees F heated-oven for about 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is well set in the dish. Remove from oven and wait 5 to 7 minutes before slicing to serve (Quiche will puff up slightly because of the baking powder, but will quickly go down as it sits.)
- Salad options to serve along: Balela Salad; Fattoush Salad; Tabouli; 3-ingredient Mediterranean Salad; Orange and Pomegranate Salad
- Recommended for this recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek EVOO Bundle!
- Recommended for this recipe: All-natural Sweet Spanish Paprika.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French/Mediterranean
Keywords: Zucchini quiche, crustless zucchini quiche, crustless zucchini quiche recipe, zucchini quiche recipe, quiche recipe, vegetarian quiche recipe