Here is a time-saver and super impressive appetizer. Perfectly buttery and flaky puff pastry topped with goat cheese, grilled pears, arugula and prosciutto!
- 1/2 pear, cored, peeled, thinly sliced and dipped in 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 frozen Dufour puff pastry sheet (or similar), thawed
- Flour for dusting
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6–7 oz goat cheese (or part goat cheese and part blue cheese), softened
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 packed cup baby arugula
- 6 slices prosciutto di parma
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron grill or griddle on high. Pat pear slices (previously dipped in orange juice) dry and place on the grill on high or medium-high heat. Grill on each side about 2-3 minutes until lightly charred. Remove the pears from heat and set aside.
- Place the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured working surface. Dust the top of the pastry with a little more flour then brush with the melted butter. With a knife, divide the puff pastry into 6 squares equal in size
- With the remaining melted butter, crease a baking sheet. Carefully transfer the puff pastry squares to the baking sheet.
- Portion the cheese equally on top of the puff pastry squares and add 2 slices of the grilled pears.
- Place the baking sheet into the 400 F degree heated-oven for 20 minutes. Once the pastry squares begin to puff up and turn a nice golden brown, remove from the oven.
- Top each pastry square with a drizzle of honey, arugula and a slice of prosciutto di parma. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Puff Pastry, Appetizer, Pears, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, Puff pastry with pears