How to roast garlic! This roasted garlic recipe is the perfect way to roast lots of garlic and without using foil. You'll get perfectly soft, smoky, caramelized garlic cloves that you can use immediately or store to use later!
- 12 heads of garlic (garlic bulbs)
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the garlic heads for roasting. Peel the outer papery skins, but leave cloves intact. Slice the tops of the garlic heads off (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from top), leaving the cloves exposed. Make sure all of the cloves have some portion exposed so that they properly roast.
- Place each garlic head (exposed garlic surface up) in muffin pan. Drizzle about 2 tsp over each head of garlic, and using your hand, massage oil all over the exposed garlic surface.
- Cover muffin pan with another muffin pan that is identical in size. Roast in heated oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before handling.
- When cool enough, push garlic cloves out of their casings and use or store for later. See notes for storage options.
- How to store garlic. As mentioned above you can freeze roasted garlic (first freeze the cloves on sheet pan, then transfer to container and freeze.) You can thaw roasted garlic out for a few minutes at room temperature before using. Or, you can store roasted garlic in the fridge in a clean canning jar. Top the jar with olive oil so that the garlic is submerged. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Do NOT leave garlic and olive oil jar out at room temperature, this provides perfect conditions for producing botulism toxin.
- Recommended for this recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives) SAVE! Try our Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil Bundle!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Garlic, roasted garlic, garlic cloves