Have you tried okra Mediterranean-style? This easy one-skillet okra and tomatoes comes together in minutes! It is flavor-packed, light, and comforting. Just add a little rice or your favorite bread.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high, add the okra and toss briefly until the okra gains some char. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil if needed, and saute the sliced onions on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and toss briefly.
- Return the okra to the skillet and stir in the spices. Add the diced tomato, 1/2 cup water, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with dried mint flakes and toasted pine nuts. Serve hot or warm with rice or pita bread. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: One-Skillet Okra, Mediterranean Okra, Mediterranean Skillet Meal, Okra and Tomatoes, One-Skillet Meal