These loaded quinoa bowls with chicken, arugula, and dried figs make a perfectly satisfying supper salad. A quick and delicious weeknight meal with a California/Mediterranean twist!
For the Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 tbsp quality honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
For Quinoa Bowls
- 1/2 apple (any kind), thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa of your choice
- 6 radish, trimmed, halved or sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced into rounds (or 1/2 English cucumbers)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons (or 2 shallots, thinly sliced)
- 4 oz baby arugula
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced dried golden figs (Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Golden Figs)
- 1/2 cup whole dried Mission figs (Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Figs)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled creamy feta cheese, more if you like
- First make the honey vinaigrette. Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then whisk to combine.
- Add the sliced apples to the vinaigrette and toss (this will help coat the apples so that they don’t brown).
- Make the quinoa according to the package instruction. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Now add the cooked quinoa and the rest of the ingredients except the feta cheese and chicken. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowls, and top each bowl with a portion of the cooked chicken and feta cheese. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes four large quinoa bowls for supper, but you make it as a starter salad or side dish, you can potentially serve 6 or more.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Chicken Salad, Quinoa Bowl, Figs, Salad, Chicken Quinoa Bowl, Healthy Quinoa Bowl, Quinoa,