It does not get any simpler than today’s roasted brussels sprouts with bulgur and pomegranates (or pomegranate arils, to be exact). Holiday side dish? Sure! A bright pick-me-up salad? Why not!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with salt and 3 tbsp olive oil. Arrange the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet or cast iron skillet. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping occasionally to make sure all sides of the brussels sprouts caramelize.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 tsp olive oil. Add the bulgur and toast briefly until golden brown.
- When ready, remove the brussels spouts from the oven. While still hot, add the lime juice and toss. Then add the bulgur wheat, pomegranate seeds and crushed pistachios. Toss again to combine. Enjoy!
- It is best to serve the brussels sprouts hot or warm. But because this dish could also pass for a salad, you can serve it at room temperature if you have to.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Side
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Roasted Brussels, Brussels Sprouts, Mediterranean Brussels Sprouts, Bulgur, Pomegranate, Sides