This salad recipe is very practical and can be used with almost any entree.
- 1 Heart of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, or chopped scallions
- ½ cup curly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- ½ large lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, dry and prepare veggies as indicated above. In a large bowl, mix veggies. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy immediately.
Note: salad will wilt quickly. If you are not planning to serve immediately, mix veggies then mix in the dressing of olive oil and lemon and spices just before you serve.