Sweet Peas with Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or broth of choice
- 1 15-oz organic tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 lb frozen sweet peas
- Heat canola oil in a medium size cooking pot.
- Sweat the onion in the hot oil, stirring occasionally, then add garlic and stir again briefly.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and spices. Combine the liquid and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the frozen peas, cover and let cook in the simmering sauce until peas are tender, about 20 minutes or so.
- Turn off heat and let sit covered for five to seven minutes. Serve atop Mediterranean rice pilaf.