5-Minute, creamy and delicious tahini banana date shake with unsweetened almond milk and a dash of cinnamon!
Make it ahead of time for a nutrition-packed, dairy-free breakfast shake, or use as an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s so tasty, you’ll think you’re having dessert! (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 4 pitted Medjool dates (if they’re too big, you can chop them up a bit.)
- 1/4 cup tahini (I used Soom tahini)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch ground cinnamon, more for later
- Place the sliced frozen bananas in your blender, add the remaining ingredients. Run blender until you achieve a smooth and creamy shake.
- Transfer the banana date shakes to serving cups and add pinch more ground cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
- Tips for How to Freeze Bananas: peel ripe bananas and cut into 1 to 2 inch slices. Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Once frozen, transfer the sliced bananas to freezer safe bags or containers and return to freezer for later use.
- Need A Little More Sweetness? This banana shake is just the right amount of sweet, but if you feel you need a little more sweetness, add a drizzle of quality honey and blend again.
- Prepare Ahead Storage Instructions: Pour into mason jars or freezer-safe mason jars, cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 nights or freeze up to 3 months. After 1st night, the shake may naturally separate, go ahead and give it a stir before drinking. If you do make extra to freeze, thaw in the fridge one night before.
- Visit Our Online Shop to browse ingredients, spices and extra virgin olive oils for Mediterranean cooking.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Date Banana Shake, Banana Shake, Date Shake, Breakfast Smoothie, Banana Smoothie