An easy, fresh and super light Mediterranean watermelon salad. Three main ingredients: watermelon, cucumber, and feta cheese. But to take it to the next level, we add some fresh mint, basil, and a honey vinaigrette. The perfect dish for your next neighborhood party!
For the Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (I used Greek Early Harvest)
- pinch of salt
For the Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 watermelon, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 English (or Hot House) cucumber, cubed (about 2 cupfuls of cubed cucumbers)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl or serving platter with sides, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, and fresh herbs.
- Top the watermelon salad with the honey vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Top with the feta cheese and serve!
- Tip for Make-Ahead: If you need to make this watermelon salad ahead of time, you can peel and cube the watermelon and cucumber, and prepare the remaining ingredients, then store each in the fridge in separate containers. Add the dressing and mix the salad together just a few minutes before serving.
- Tips for Leftovers: Because this is a super watery salad, with watermelon and cucumber being the star ingredients, it is best to finish it on the same day you prepare it. However, if you have some leftovers, you can store in a tight-lid glass container for a night or two (test before serving.)
- Recommended for this Recipe: Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Watermelon Salad, Best Watermelon Salad, Watermelon Salad with Feta