Zhoug is a lesser known Mediterranean sauce, but a must-try! Think spicy, fragrant, cilantro pesto...kinda.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, add the jalapeno, garlic and salt. Coarsely chop.
- Now add cilantro, parsley and spices. Run processor until a finer thick paste forms.
- Transfer the cilantro paste to a bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
- To store place in a sanitized mason jar and top with lots of extra virgin olive oil. The oil acts to seal the zhoug and helps take off a bit of the spicy edge. Cover and refrigerate; it'll keep well for 3 days or so.
- Recommended for this Recipe our Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil; all-natural and organic coriander, cumin, and all-natural cardamom.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle; or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack of our all-natural or organic spices! VISIT OUR SHOP
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauce/Dip
- Method: Counter top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Zhoug, Spicy Cilantro Pesto, Zhoug Pesto,