A little sweet, salty, creamy goat cheese crostini with figs, pistachios, and basil…Ready in 15 minutes!
- 10 slices baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz goat cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, crushed
- 1/4 cup walnut hearts, crushed
- 2 tbsp molasses, more for later
- 20 basil leaves, torn, more for garnish
- pinch salt and pepper
- 5 ripe mission figs, halved
- Preheat the broiler on high and adjust the rack to 6 inches below the element.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil on both sides. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil briefly until the top is golden brown and toasted (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from the oven, but keep the broiler on for later.
- In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, crushed pistachios and walnuts, molasses, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Mix well with a spoon until the goat cheese mixture is well combined.
- Spread a generous amount of the goat cheese mixture on top of each toasted baguette slice, then top each with a slice of fig.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer the goat cheese crostini to a serving platter. Drizzle with molasses and garnish with more fresh basil, if you like. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
- Return the crostini to the oven. Broil for another 3-4 minutes until the goat cheese has melted and browned around the edges. The figs will soften some more and gain a little color. Remove from the oven and turn the broiler off.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Crostini, Fig, Pistachio, Goat Cheese, Fig and goat cheese appetizer