Okay, there is a sandwich and then there is a loaded sandwich. Better yet, a loaded grilled roast beef sandwiches!
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, sliced into batons
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 8 slices good French boule bread or similar
- Unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb thinly sliced rare roast beef (deli roast beef is fine), divided into four equal portions
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on high. Add the onions and saute for five minutes then add the green peppers, garlic and a dash of seasoned salt. Saute for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender and onions have slightly caramelized. Reduce the heat to medium; add the brandy and cook until it evaporates. Remove from heat, and roughly divide the vegetables into four equal portions.
- Lightly butter the back of each bread slice, if desired.
- To assemble the first roast beef sandwich, take one slice of bread and top it with one slice of mozzarella and some of the shredded sharp cheddar. Now add the sauteed vegetables, roast beef and tomato. Top the tomato with more shredded cheddar and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Finally add another slice of bread to top the sandwich. Repeat with the remaining three sandwiches
- Grill the sandwiches, each, in a panini grill, electric plate grill, or a stove-top grill for 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted. If using a stove-top grill, carefully flip the sandwiches over mid-way through grilling. Press with a spatula.
- Remove from heat. Serve with your favorite chips and beer! Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Roast Beef Sandwich, roast beef, grilled sandwich, roast beef sandwich