Easy lemon garlic shrimp with peas and artichokes. Perfect on top of orzo pasta or rice.
For spice mixture
- 1 1/2 tsp (between 2.5 and 3 g) ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp (between 2.5 and 3 g) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (about 2 g) Aleppo-style pepper
- 1 tsp (about 2 g) sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 lb (about 454 g) large shrimp or prawns, peeled, deviened, tail-on (if frozen, thaw properly before use)
- Salt and pepper
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved then sliced
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup (236 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp quality honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup (225 g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 15-oz can (about 425 g) baby artichokes, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix spices.
- Place shrimp in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and about 2 1/2 tsps of the spice mixture (keep rest of spice mixture for later.) Set shrimp aside for now.
- In a large cast iron skillet like this one, heat 2 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, stirring regularly, until fragrant and golden (do not brown garlic.)
- Add white wine. Cook to reduce by half, then add lemon juice, honey and broth. Raise heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add peas and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and the remainder of the spice mixture. Cook for 10 minutes or so until peas are cooked through.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink (this will be very quick, so watch for shrimp to turn color, toss as needed.)
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese to your liking and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot with a side of simple orzo or this Lebanese rice.
- Cook's notes: This recipe is fairly lemony and is best served with a starch like a simple orzo or small pasta or this Lebanese rice. Prepare sides in advance as it cooks quickly. See suggestions above in the post for more ideas on what to serve along.
- Recommended for this recipe: from our all-natural and organic spice collections, coriander; cumin; Aleppo pepper; and sweet paprika. SAVE! Create your own 6-pack of spices!
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lemon garlic shrimp, lemon garlic shrimp recipe, easy shrimp recipe