Not your average shrimp pasta salad, this Mediterranean pasta salad is a lighter, brighter, flavor-packed dish. Perfect as a side, but a great lunch on its own!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (Greek oregano preferred)
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil, more if needed later
For Pasta Salad
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, stems removed (or 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved or chopped
- Pepper flakes, optional
- 2–3 avocados, pitted and chopped (dress avocado with lemon juice to avoid browning)
- 12 oz cooked large shrimp
- 4 oz Greek feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions until al dante (add salt and a little olive oil to cooking water).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, zest, garlic, spices, salt and pepper together. Whisk in Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil in a slow and steady stream until smooth.
- When pasta is ready, drain. Whisk the dressing again to blend, then add the pasta to the same bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except avocado, shrimp and feta. Toss to mix thoroughly; and let the pasta salad cool completely.
- When you are ready to serve, add avocado and shrimp. Drizzle a little more olive oil. Toss gently to combine, then add feta. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.Transfer to serving platter. Serve at room temperature.
- Make ahead instructions You can make the pasta salad up to 24 hours earlier (hold avocado, shrimp and feta until later). Bring pasta salad to room temperature before serving; follow step 4 to serve.
- Recommended for this Recipe Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Single estate, cold pressed, from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And all-natural Spanish paprika.
- SAVE! Try the Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Shrimp Salad, Pasta Salad, Mediterranean Pasta Salad