You’ll love the Mediterranean twist to this shrimp pasta salad, loaded with chopped veggies, avocados, fresh herbs, and a bright lemony dressing. Be sure to watch the video above to see how I make it.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (Greek oregano preferred)
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- Salt and pepper
For Pasta Salad
- 2 cups cooked elbow pasta (from 1 cup dry pasta)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved or chopped
- 12 oz cooked large shrimp
- 2–3 avocados, pitted and chopped (dress avocado with lemon juice to avoid browning)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, stems removed
- 4 oz Greek feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- Make the lemony dressing. In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, zest, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Now build the salad. Add the pasta to the same bowl. Add remaining ingredients except the feta. Toss well to combine, then add feta and give just a gentle toss (see note below, if you want to make this pasta ahead of time.)
- Cook’s Tip for Make Ahead: You can make the pasta salad up to 24 hours earlier (hold avocado, shrimp and feta until later). Bring pasta salad to room temperature before serving; follow step 4 to serve.
- This recipe will serve about 10 people, if served as part of a potluck next to other dishes.
- Recommended for this Recipe Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Single estate, cold pressed, from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And all-natural Spanish paprika.
- SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle
- Visit our shop to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Shrimp Pasta Salad, Mediterranean Pasta Salad, Pasta Salad No Mayo