Mediterranean breakfast potato hash with Asparagus, chickpeas and poached eggs on top. A flavorful and nutrition-packed meal to kick-start your day.
- Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb baby asparagus, hard ends removed, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp Za'atar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- Pinch sugar
- 4 eggs (to be poached)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, stems removed
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chopped onions, garlic and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until the potatoes are tender (some of the potatoes may gain a bit of a golden crust, which is good!)
- Add the chickpeas, asparagus, a dash more salt and pepper and the spices. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5-7 minutes. Turn the heat to low to keep the potato hash warm; stir regularly.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a steady simmer and add 1 tsp vinegar. Break the eggs into a bowl. Stir the simmering water gently and carefully slide the eggs in. The egg whites should warp around the yoke. Cook for 3 minutes exactly, then remove the eggs from the simmering water and onto kitchen towel to drain briefly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the potato hash from the heat and add the chopped red onions, tomatoes, feta and parsley. Top with the poached eggs. Enjoy!
- Recommended for this recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil. SAVE! Try our Greek olive oil bundle!
- Recommended for this recipe from our all-natural spice collection: Allspice, Za'atar, Sweet Paprika, and Coriander.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle or Create your own 6-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Potato Hash, hearty breakfast hash, potato hash with poached eggs, poached eggs, Mediterranean potato hash