Mint lemonade, prepared Egyptian-style! Intense with flavor, frothy, and extremely refreshing! You'll love this limonana, but there is a small trick that makes all the difference.
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 4 cups water
- 2 large lemons (or limes), washed, cut into small pieces, and seeds removed
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, stems removed (about 25-40 mint leaves), more for later
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar, more or less to your liking (you can use cane sugar or part honey, if you like)
- Add all the ingredients to the pitcher of a high-quality blender. Cover and push blend or liquefy (high-speed function), until you achieve the desired drink consistency.
- Taste and add more sugar or mint leaves, if you like. Blend again.
- Pour the lemonade into a serving pitcher through a mesh strainer. Add fresh mint leaves to the pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- If you like, strain the lemonade again as you pour into serving glasses. Enjoy cold!
If your blender is weaker, you will want to cut the lemons into smaller pieces, and also finely chop the mint before blending.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mint lemonade recipe, limonana