All-star vegetable tagine recipe! Simple vegetable stew packed with the perfect balance of Moroccan flavors. Vegan and Gluten free.
- 1/4 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil, more for later
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 8–10 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp Harissa spice blend
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heaping chopped dried apricot
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth (or broth of your choice)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Handful fresh parsley leaves
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch Oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until just shimmering. Add onions and increase heat to medium-high. Saute for 5 minutes, tossing regularly.
- Add garlic and all the chopped veggies. Season with salt and spices. Toss to combine.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-high heat, mixing regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes, apricot and broth. Season again with just a small dash of salt.
- Keep the heat on medium-high, and cook for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and cook another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or harissa spice blend to your liking.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top each with a generous drizzle of Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot with your favorite bread, couscous, or rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Vegetable Tagine, Moroccan vegetable stew