Comforting, flavor-packed roasted rosemary chicken recipe and vegetable all in one sheet pan. Be sure to review the step-by-step photos and tips in the post!
For Spice Mixture
- 3 lb chicken pieces (I used bone in pieces, 5 thighs and 5 drumsticks)
- Kosher Salt
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
- 10 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 to 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large pieces or slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix spices. Reserve 1 tsp of spice mixture to the side for now.
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with kosher salt on both sides, and make sure to get some salt underneath the skin. Lift chicken skin up and add minced garlic underneath (this provides a lot of flavor and protects the garlic from burning in the oven. Now seasons chicken with the spice mixture all over, making sure to get some of it also underneath the skin. (remember to keep 1 tsp of the spice mixture aside for the vegetables.)
- Arrange chicken pieces on a lightly oiled large sheet pan. Add lemon juice and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (give a little rub to distribute the lemon juice and olive oil.)
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, and onions) with the remaining 1 tsp of spice mixture, a dash of salt, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine, then transfer to sheetpan with the chicken. Arrange everything on the pan in one layer.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked (check at the earlier mark so you don’t over-cook the chicken. Using an instant-read thermometer, inserted at the thickest part of the chicken, it should register register 165 degrees F.) If you like a little more color, place the sheetpan under the broiler briefly and watch carefully.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
- Cook’s Tip: If you have the time, once seasoned, let the chicken sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- To use chicken breast pieces instead: It helps to cut the pieces to smaller portions. Also With bone-in, skin-on chicken breast pieces, a lower-temperature oven produces better results and juicer chicken. Somewhere around 350 degrees F was better. Cooking time will vary, but somewhere around 40 to 45 minutes or so (start checking earlier using an instant-read thermometer.)
- Cook’s Tip for Using Fresh Rosemary: If you choose to use fresh rosemary, start with a smaller amount as it is more fragrant than dried rosemary.
- Visit our Online Shop to browse our extra virgin olive oils, all-natural and organic spices for Mediterranean cooking and more!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Rosemary Chicken, Rosemary Roasted Chicken, Rosemary Garlic Chicken, Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables