Is there anything as simple and comforting as a roast chicken dinner?! Today’s rosemary roasted chicken recipe with vegetable is one of my go-to recipes. An incredibly easy and satisfying meal!
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 6 chicken legs, bone in, skin on
- 10 baby red potatoes, washed and halved
- 5–6 carrots, peeled and halved width-wise
- 1 medium white onion, cubed or cut into large pieces
- Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Meyer lemon, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Reserve 1/3 tbsp of the spice mix for later.
- Season the chicken legs on both sides and underneath the skin with the spice mix. Leave to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the vegetables together with a drizzle of olive oil and season with the remaining spice mix.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken legs and vegetables on a large oiled baking pan. Top with the lemon juice and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the 400 degree F heated oven for 30-45 minutes* until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F. If needed, move to the top rack and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken skins caramelizes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If you choose to use fresh rosemary, start with a smaller amount as it is more fragrant than dried rosemary.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken legs as well as the vegetables.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Rosemary Roasted Chicken, Chicken with Vegetables, Chicken thighs, Mediterranean Chicken, Roasted Chicken