Not your average bruschetta recipe! For a special twist, I added shrimp, avocado, and good quality basil pesto.
- 5–6 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz baby mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp good quality basil pesto
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan, more if you like
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- Place the diced tomatoes in a colander for 10 mins to drain its juices. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Slice the shrimp horizontally through the middle (see the picture).
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, shrimp, green onions, avocado, garlic and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, basil pesto and Parmesan. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the shrimp bruschetta into a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr. When ready to serve, toss the bruschetta gently to freshen. Toast the bread slices and serve next to it. Enjoy!
- You can serve the bruschetta immediately, but for deeper flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.If you prefer, add the avocado immediately before serving to avoid it browning.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Bruschetta, Shrimp Bruschetta, Shrimp Sides