A Middle Eastern-style spicy dip with roasted cauliflower and tahini. Packs flavor from garlic, lime juice and warm spices.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp seasoned salt, more for later
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1/2 cup olive oil, more if needed
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- handful of chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix the spices. Toss the cauliflower with the spices and the olive oil until well-coated. If needed, add more olive oil, and toss again.
- Be sure to spread the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet in one layer. Roast in the 450 degrees F heated oven for 45 minutes; turn the florets over midway through roasting. When the cauliflower is tender and nicely browned in some parts, remove from the oven and let cool briefly.
- Place about 2/3 of the roasted cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor (you will use the rest later). Add the garlic, yogurt, lime juice, tahini paste and a pinch more seasoned salt. Blend until smooth. Test and season accordingly. If the dip is too thick, add very little water and blend again until you achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower tahini dip into a serving bowl and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil. Top with the remaining roasted cauliflower and the fresh parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip. Remove from the fridge about 10 minutes or so before serving. Serve with pita bread or chips.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
Keywords: Spicy cauliflower dip, cauliflower, Roasted Cauliflower Tahini Dip, Cauliflower tahini, roasted cauliflower