Simple white bean salad loaded with bright Mediterranean flavors! Canned beans, chopped veggies, and fresh herbs tossed together in one big bowl. No fancy dressing here, a squeeze of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil is all you need. Prepare it ahead for best flavor (see notes).
- 2 cans white beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed well
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 15 to 20 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Spices (1 tsp Za'atar and 1/2 tsp each Sumac and Aleppo. See notes for more options)
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest EVOO)
- Feta cheese, optional
- Add white beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, parsley and mint to a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, then add za’atar, sumac and Aleppo pepper.
- Finish with lemon juice and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (2 to 3 tablespoons).Give the salad a good toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add feta cheese, if you like. (For best flavor, let the salad sit in the dressing for 30 minutes or so before serving. See notes).
- Cook's Tip. This salad taste better if you let it sit for about 30 minutes or so to allow the flavors time to meld. You can also make it 1 night in advance, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. I typically hold the feta and mix it in when ready to serve.
- Spice Variations: you can change up the spices in this recipe to your liking. Oregano and cumin are also great options. If you like a little heat, add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- To use dry beans: You'll need just over 1 cup dry beans to start with. Soak the beans in plenty of water overnight. You can keep them in the fridge to soak. Drain before cooking. Place the beans (after you drain them) in a large enough pot (they will expand in size). Cover with about 2 inches of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, gently stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Drain any excess water and allow the beans to cool a bit before using in the salad. Follow the salad recipe directions.
- Visit our online shop to browse our extra virgin olive oil and all-natural and organic spices including za'atar, sumac and Aleppo pepper used in this recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Bean Salad, White Bean Salad