Easy Baked Salmon with Garlic-Balsamic Glaze. The garlic-balsamic glaze does all the work in flavoring, but don’t skip the fresh herbs! Great for a quick weeknight meal or a special dinner for a crowd!
For Balsamic Glaze
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup quality dark honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lb Salmon fillet, no skin
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, mix balsamic vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or so. Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To the balsamic mixture, add garlic, spices, mustard, and olive oil. Mix until well combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season salmon well with salt, and a little black pepper on both sides. Brush one side with the balsamic glaze, then lay salmon, glazed sided down, on the prepared baking sheet. Dress the top generously with the balsamic glaze (reserve a small bit of the glaze for the end.)
- Place salmon in oven (middle rack), and bake until salmon flakes nicely. Baking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon, as determined by the thickest part of the salmon fillet. For every inch of thickness, roast 8 to 10 minutes. Could be a total of 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Top with fresh chopped herbs. Enjoy!
- Leftover Instructions: Baked salmon will keep for 3 to 5 days in the fridge (in tightly) closed container. Reheat gently in oven or use cold.
- Recommended for this recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And from our all-natural spice collection: Aleppo Pepper, a unique and mild pepper with a subtle sweetness.
- SAVE! Try our Greek olive oil bundle! Create your own 6-pack from our all-natural and organic spice collections.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Salmon, Mediterranean Salmon, Baked Salmon, Garlic Salmon, Balsamic Glaze