Barbecue chicken thighs take on a delicious Persian twist with a quick, all-natural marinade. A simple tomato-avocado salata (salad) tops it. Fire up the grill for this easy, unfussy recipe!
- 8-10 boneless and skinless chicken thighs (Or about 1.5 lb to 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken pieces of similar size)
- 1 6-oz package Wild Garden Persian Quick Marinade
For Tomato Avocado Salata (salad)
- 1 green pepper, cored, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Big handful basil leaves, torn
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and place in a wide deep dish. Pour in the Wild Garden Persian marinade. Coat the chicken completely with the marinade. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil your outdoor grill grates and preheat. You'll want the grill to be very hot.
- Once the grill is ready, lay the chicken down on the grill grates. Close the lid, and leave the thighs alone for 3 - 4 minutes. Turn the thighs over, and you should see the cooked side nicely seared, with dark grill marks. Allow the second side to cook for another 3 – 4 minutes with the lid closed. The thighs should be cooked through (to be sure, use an instant read meat thermometer. Internal temp should be between 165 degrees F and 170 degrees F). Remove from heat and place on a serving platter to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- In the meantime, prepare the tomato avocado salata. Place all the salata ingredients (except the basil) in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine. Add the basil and give it one more toss.
- Top the chicken with the tomato avocado salata, and add warm pita bread for an easy side! Enjoy!
- To find Wild Garden marinades at a store near you, click here for the store locator.
- In case you need to feed a larger crowd, the Wild Garden marinade can cover up to 3 lb of boneless chicken thighs. And you can simply double the salata recipe.
- See suggested sides and salads in the post under "what to serve with Persian Barbecue Chicken Thighs."
- Recommended for the salad Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Persian
Keywords: Persian Barbecue Chicken Thighs, chicken thighs, Barbecue chicken, BBQ, BBQ chicken, BBQ chicken thighs