What is your favorite meal of the day? I am pretty sure mine is brunch; and I am always in search for yummy brunch ideas. Today, I have a quick and delicious egg casserole recipe that I’m excited to share with you.
- 10 oz frozen artichokes, microwaved according to package instructions, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup good crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup ground Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices fresh toast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Prepare artichokes, chopped tomato, chopped shallot, parsley, mint leaves, feta and ground Parmesan. Set aside.
- Take six slices of fresh toast and cut them each into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, baking powder, nutmeg, hot paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour milk-egg mixture into the bread bowl. Now mix in the vegetables, herbs and cheese prepared earlier.
- When all the ingredients are well-combined, transfer in a lightly oiled cast-iron skillet or oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake in 375 degree F-heated oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Egg Casserole, Brunch Casserole, Artichokes, Egg with Artichokes