Greek Green Bean Salad Recipe. Perfectly tender, flavor-packed green bean salad prepared Greek style. A garlicy, zesty dressing pulls it together, and a sprinkle of feta and chopped marinated olives take it to a new level of delicious.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
- Quality crumbled feta cheese, to taste
- 2 tbsp (or more to your liking) pitted olives, chopped
- Prepare dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, fresh dill, Spanish paprika, pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside for now.
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Add green beans. Cook for 5 minutes, then, keep the pot of boiling water going, but using tongs, transfer green beans to an ice bath (a bowl of ice and ice cold water) for 5 minutes. Return beans to boiling water to finish cooking until tender, about 10 more minutes or so. Drain well.
- Transfer warm beans to a mixing bowl. Toss with a little salt and pepper. Give the dressing a quick stir to combine well, then pour over the green beans. Toss again to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle crushed pepper flakes and crumbled feta. Top with chopped olives. Serve at room temperature.
- Make ahead instructions. You can cook the green beans and toss in dressing the night before, if you like. Keep in fridge in tightly covered glass container. Remove from fridge and follow step #4 -> Transfer to serving platter and add crushed pepper flakes, feta and olives. Serve at room temperature.
Keywords: Green bean salad, green bean salad recipe, Greek green bean salad, Greek green beans, bean salad, bean salad recipe