This simple homemade green juice recipe takes 6 ingredients, 15 minutes, and a juicer or blender (whatever you have will work.) Easy, healthy, and loaded with nutrition. And it tastes so refreshing!
I’ve been making this juice for the past two months, and have seen some great benefits. My favorite way to enjoy it is first thing in the morning. This recipe is Mediterranean diet-friendly, and one of many vegetarian recipes my family enjoys.
- 1 bunch kale (about 5 oz)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Granny smith apple (or any large apple)
- 5 celery stalks, ends trimmed
- ½ large English cucumber
- Handful fresh parsley (about 1 oz)
- Wash and prep the vegetables. I like to cut them in large chunks.
- Juice in the order listed (or add them to a blender and blend on high.)
- If you used a juicer, simply pour the green juice into glasses and enjoy immediately. If you used a blender, the juice will be thicker. You can pour it through a fine mesh sieve, and using the back of a spoon, press the pulp into the sieve to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour the strained juice into glasses and enjoy!
- Cook’s Note: this recipe makes 2 large cups or 3 smaller cups of green juice, about 6 oz or so each.
- Green juice variations: you can (and should) change up your green juice occasionally. Try replacing kale with spinach or other leafy greens of choice. Add citrus, in the form of peeled orange or tangerine. For herbs, try basil or cilantro. On occasion, I like adding a pinch of organic turmeric powder.
- Prepare Ahead Tip: Green juice is best consumed fresh (immediately after it’s been juiced.) However, to save time, you can wash and cut up your vegetables the night before. Save them in the fridge in a tight-lid container.
- Blender Option Tip: If using a blender instead, be sure you cut the vegetables and apple to smaller size bites, unless using a power blender that can handle chunks. It’s also a good idea to remove the tough veins in the kale.
- How long will green juice last? Check your juicer manual. Some juicers say that you can store your green juice in a tight-lid jar in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Again, best to drink the juice immediately.
- Visit Our Online shop to browse Mediterranean ingredients including spices liker organic turmeric you can occasionally add to your Green juice.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Juiced
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-American
Keywords: green juice recipe, green juice benefits, green juice for beginners