Easy grilled swordfish recipe that utilizes a delicious Mediterranean marinade with cumin, fresh garlic cloves and more. But you don't even need to leave it in the marinade too long! Just a few minutes while your grill is heating!
- 6 to 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, more for later
- 1 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks, about 5 to 6 ounces each, from sustainable sources
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- In a food processor, blend the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, spices, salt and pepper for about three minutes or until well-combined forming a thick and smooth marinade.
- Pat the swordfish steaks dry and place them in a pan (or a dish with sides to it) and apply the marinade generously on both sides and set aside for 15 minutes or so while you heat the grill.
- Preheat a gas grill on high (be sure to oil the grates before using). When ready, grill the fish steaks on high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on one side, turn over once and grill on the other side for 3 minutes or so (the fish should flake easily, while maintain firmness. You will likely see a bit of pink on the inside, but it should cook through by the time it gets to the table).
- Finish with a splash of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes if you like heat. Enjoy!
- Cook's tip: Prepare any sides or salads before you get to the fish; it goes fast
- Cook's tip: You may need to adjust the grilling time depending on the thickness of the swordfish steaks. Fish is ready when it easily flakes at the touch of a fork.
- Visit our online shop to browse quality Mediterranean ingredients including extra virgin olive oil and all-natural and organic spices used in this recipe.
- Category: Fish and Seafood
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Swordfish Recipe, Swordfish, How to Cook Swordfish