Easy grilled swordfish recipe that utilizes a great Mediterranean marinade with cumin, fresh garlic cloves and more. But you don’t even need to leave it in the marinade too long! Just a few minutes while your grill is heating!
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 7-oz swordfish steaks from sustainable sources
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- In a food processor, blend the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, spices, salt and pepper for about three minutes or until well-combined forming a thick and smooth wet spice rub.
- Pat the swordfish steaks dry and apply the spice rub mixture generously on both sides.
- Now place the swordfish steaks in a dish and set aside for a few minutes while you heat up the grill. (If you have time, though, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours).
- Preheat a gas grill on high (be sure to have wiped the grates with an oiled paper towel). When ready, grill the fish steaks on high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side (a total of 10-12 minutes), turning over only once. Serve immediately. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper, if you want some heat!
- Prepare any sides or salads before you get to the fish; it goes fast
- You may need to adjust the grilling time depending on the thickness of the swordfish steaks (10 minutes on the grill per 1″ of thickness is recommended). Grills do vary, I use this Weber grill.
- Recommended for this Recipe Our Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil; organic cumin; coriander; sweet Spanish paprika .
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle; or create your own 3-pack or 6-pack of our all-natural and organic spices!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Swordfish, Mediterranean Swordfish, Swordfish with Cumin Spice Rub