Simple Mediterranean kidney bean salad with garden vegetables, fresh cilantro, and homemade Dijon vinaigrette. See the video and recipe notes for variations.
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 Medium-sized heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the kidney beans with the chopped vegetables and cilantro.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, mustard, fresh garlic, sumac, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and combine well with a large spoon. Add a dash of salt and pepper if you need to.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for half hour to an hour before serving.
- Cook's Tip: to make this kidney bean salad in advance as part of meal-prep, simply mix the beans, chopped veggies and cilantro. Do not add the addressing. Store the salad and dressing in the fridge in separate glass containers until ready to use. This salad should keep well for 3 to 4 days or so, if stored appropriately.
- Recipe Variations: You can use a different kind of beans such as white beans, black beans, or even garbanzo beans (chickpeas). And if you're not a fan of cilantro, you can use another fresh herb of your choice like mint, dill, parsley, or basil. You can even use a couple different herbs to your liking.
- Recommended for this Recipe: All-natural Sumac, and Private Reserve or Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek olive oil bundle or our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: bean salad, kidney bean salad, Mediterranean salad, Dijon Vinaigrette