This kidney bean Salad with Cilantro and Dijon Vinaigrette is a simple, flavor-packed Mediterranean salad that is satisfying enough to stand as a meal on its own!
The star ingredient in this “peasant’s salad,” is obviously a humble can of kidney beans…mixed with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and fresh cilantro. A light, homemade Dijon vinaigrette with Sumac provides an irresistibly fresh and zesty flavor!
If you are not a fan of cilantro, you can certainly use a different herb like parsley, mint or even basil.
For a light meal, serve this kidney bean salad with your favorite protein and some warm pita bread!
Kidney Bean and Cilantro Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 Medium-sized heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large lime or lemon, juice of
- 3 tbsp Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp fresh garlic paste, or finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the kidney beans with the chopped vegetables and cilantro.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, mustard, fresh garlic, sumac, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and combine well with a large spoon. Add a dash of salt and pepper if you need to.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for half hour to an hour before serving.