This kidney bean Salad with Cilantro and Dijon Vinaigrette is a simple, flavor-packed Mediterranean salad that is satisfying enough to stand as a meal on its own!
The star ingredient in this “peasant’s salad,” is obviously a humble can of kidney beans…mixed with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and fresh cilantro. A light, homemade Dijon vinaigrette with Sumac provides an irresistibly fresh and zesty flavor!
If you are not a fan of cilantro, you can certainly use a different herb like parsley, mint or even basil.
For a light meal, serve this kidney bean salad with your favorite protein and some warm pita bread!
Kidney Bean and Cilantro Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 Medium-sized heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large lime or lemon, juice of
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp fresh garlic paste, or finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the kidney beans with the chopped vegetables and cilantro.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, mustard, fresh garlic, sumac, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and combine well with a large spoon. Add a dash of salt and pepper if you need to.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for half hour to an hour before serving.
*Disclaimer: As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small credit when you make a purchase through a link provided here on the blog. This is one small way to keep The Mediterranean Dish going! Please only purchase what you need. If you are looking for an item not mentioned here today, feel free to browse Amazon.