This strawberry orzo pasta salad features some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors. So little effort to the perfect potluck salad!
- 8 oz baby broccoli, tough ends removed
- Early Harvest Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup minced scallions
- 1 cup packed fresh chopped parsley
- 15-20 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 8 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, cut into cubes or small chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice baby broccoli in half length-wise, or cut into even sized pieces. Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast in heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. (optional step, you can use raw broccoli, if you like)
- While broccoli is roasting, cook the pasta. Fill a large pot with water; add salt and olive oil. Bring to a boil and add orzo. Cook to al dente (9-11 minutes). Drain. Transfer the hot pasta to a mixing bowl.
- Quickly make the lemon vinaigrette. Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl, whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette on top of the hot pasta. Add the shallots, scallions, parsley, basil. Toss to combine. Set aside to cool (if you have time, leave it for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend).
- Once the pasta has cooled, add in the arugula, roasted baby broccoli and strawberries. Toss gently to combine. Finally top with feta cheese chunks. Again, toss very gently; the cheese can mostly remain on top. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Salad, Mediterranean Salad, Strawberry Pasta Salad, Salad with Strawberries, Orzo Pasta Salad, Orzo, Orzo Salad, Mediterranean Orzo Salad