BEST Roasted Garlic Hummus dip! The perfect flavor combination in this silky-smooth, creamy dip. Sweet and smokey, with just enough zing. Top it with toasted pine nuts and feta for glorious party presentation!
- 2 heads garlic
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (or from canned), skins removed, if possible
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water, more as needed
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp za'atar spice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the loose papery outside skin from the garlic heads, but keep the cloves intact. Cut about 1/2 inch from top. Place the garlic cloves each in a piece of foil that's large enough to wrap around. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Close the foil up. Bake in heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the garlic is very soft. Remove from heat and let cool briefly, then peel.
- In the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a blade, place the roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and water. Sprinkle salt, sumac and cayenne. Blend until smooth. Be sure to add a little more water as needed, until you achieve desired smooth texture. You can also add a little more lemon juice to your taste. Taste and adjust for salt and spices.
- Spread the roasted garlic hummus in a bowl. Add a generous drizzle of quality extra virgin olive oil. Top with za'atar spice, and if you like, parsley, toasted pine nuts, and crumbled feta.
- Serve with warm pita bread or toasted crostini and assorted vegetables. Enjoy!
- To roast a lot of garlic at once and store it for daily use, see this post for complete instructions.
- Recommended for this Recipe Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed koroneiki olives). And from our all-natural spice collection ground sumac and za'atar spice blend.
- SAVE!! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle! Or create your own 6-pack from our all-natural and organic spice collections!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Roasted Garlic Hummus