All-star sweet potato recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style with fresh herbs, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. Vegan. Gluten Free.
- 3 lb/1360.78 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp/1.10 g ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp/1.05 g sweet paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Generous handful chopped fresh parsley
- Generous handful chopped fresh mint
- 3 to 5 fresh garlic cloves, chopped (start with small amount if not sure)
- 3 scallions, trimmed, white and green parts chopped
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them. Boil for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender (test with a fork, it should go through easily). Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Season well with kosher salt and pepper; add spices. Add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and toss gently to combine.
- Add fresh parsley, mint, garlic and scallions. Toss gently again to combine. Test and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving platter and set aside a few minutes to allow flavors to meld a bit before serving. Enjoy!
- Cook’s tip: If you’re unsure about the garlic, begin with a smaller amount, you can always go up. You can also leave the garlic out if you prefer.
- Prepare-ahead tip: You can prepare this recipe ahead a couple different ways. 1- Follow the recipe up to step #3. Let potatoes cool, then store in tight-lid glass container and refrigerate for up to one night. Bring to room temperature before serving. Note, flavors will be pretty strong especially if you have used all 5 garlic cloves.2- Another prepare-ahead option is to cook the sweet potatoes in advance (step #1) but do not add the remaining ingredients until you are ready to serve. Again, let potatoes cool completely, then store in a tight-lid glass container in the fridge. Bring them to room temperature, add remaining ingredients. You can give it a few minutes still before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Recommended for this recipe: Early Harvest or Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives.) SAVE! Grab our Greek EVOO Bundle!
- Recommended for this recipe: all-natural nutmeg, sweet paprika, and cardamom. SAVE! create your own 3-pack with all 3 spices, or try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle!
- Category: Side Dish/Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Sweet potato recipe, how to make sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes