Easy oven baked sweet potato toast recipe. Loaded with flavor and Mediterranean toppings, these sweet potato toasts are the perfect appetizer or make-ahead breakfast or lunch.
- 2 sweet potatoes of similar shape and size, scrubbed clean but not peeled
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes very well. Cut off the pointy ends.
- Microwave each sweet potato for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. And when cool enough to handle, slice length-wise thinly (1/4″ slices.)
- Lightly brush a large baking sheet with a little extra virgin olive oil. Arrange the sweet potato slices on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with extra virgin olive oil and season with kosher salt.
- Bake in heated oven for about 15 minutes or so (until tender. ovens vary, so just watch that the sweet potato toasts are nice and tender, but you don’t want them to fall apart). Remove from oven.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the tahini sauce according to this recipe. Prepare the remaining toppings.
- To serve as an appetizer, transfer to a large serving platter. Sprinkle za’atar and sumac all over the sweet potatoes (a generous sprinkle.) Top with a drizzle of tahini sauce (keep the remaining tahini on the side for people to add as they wish.) Add the remaining topping. Enjoy!
- Cook’s tip for Preparing Ahead: You can bake the sweet potatoes and keep them refrigerated (without any toppings) in an air-tight glass container for a few days (some say a whole week, but I’ve only tried up to 4 days.). To reheat, pop sweet potato toasts in your toaster. Add the toppings and enjoy
- Cook’s Tip: You can change up the toppings for sweet potato toasts to your liking. Add an egg on top for breakfast!
- Recommended for this recipe: from our all-natural Mediterranean spice collection, za’atar (a must-try blend of wild thyme and toasted sesame seed); and sumac (an earthy, tangy blend from sumac berries.) SAVE! Try our Ultimate Spice Bundle
- Recommended for this Recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek EVOO Bundle.
- Cuisine: Modern Mediterranean
Keywords: Sweet potato toast, baked sweet potato