This healthy, easy lasagana soup packs lots of goodness and flavor from ground turkey; rich tomato-based broth with Mediterranean herbs and spices; and a dollop of part-skim ricotta mixture for a creamy finish. The perfect weeknight dinner in one pot!
Options to make this lasagna soup in both the crock pot and pressure cooker included.
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups all-natural Tomato Sauce, no salt added
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 8 oz broken lasagna noodles or Campanelle pasta, whole wheat or gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh basil
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot like this one, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions and garlic. Cook 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey, and cook stirring regularly until browned (or fully cooked through). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth, water, Pomi tomato sauce, bay leaves, oregano, paprika, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil for 4 minutes, then turn heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Uncover, add pasta, and raise the heat and cook according to package until pasta reaches al dante. Stir in parsley and basil.
- Make the ricotta-Parmesan topping. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix
- Transfer lasanga soup to serving bowls. Top each bowl with a sprinkle of mozzarella and the ricotta-Parmesan topping. Enjoy hot.
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup: Follow the directions above by sautéing the onions and garlic and browning the turkey meat. Transfer it to you crockpot, add the remaining ingredients except the pasta noodles. Cover on low heat for 6 hours. Uncover and stir in pasta and fresh herbs. Cover again and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until tender. Prepare the cheese topping and add when lasagna soup is ready.
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup: Use the saute setting on your pressure cooker to cook the onions, garlic and turkey with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Press cancel to shut off the sauté setting. Add remaining ingredients except the pasta noodles. Cover and lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.While the soup is cooking, prepare the cheese topping mixture. Release the pressure according to manufacturer’s directions and add the broken pasta noodles and fresh herbs. Cover and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Release pressure again. Pour into bowls and top with the cheese mixture.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lasagna Soup, Easy Lasagna Soup, Healthy Lasagna Soup