A hearty bowl of this lighter turkey lasagna soup is every bit as comforting as classic lasagna! Plus a lot less work!
This recipe is in partnership with Pomi USA.
Of the many tasty Italian classics we’ve adapted here in North America, lasagna takes first place in popularity. And for good reason. Layers and layers of noodles, ricotta (or béchamel, if you’re going for the real deal), plus a dreamy ragu nestled in between. All the comfort!
And we’ve created many versions of lasagna, including lasagna soup, a lazier version which has become a favorite in my home.
This lasagna soup is admittedly a far riff off the classic. But, a hot and saucy bowl of this turkey lasagna soup will do the trick for me any day. And at 351 calories a bowl, it is a much lighter version.
If you must, you can completely omit the cheese topping for an even healthier option. Still as comforting.
This lasagna soup is one of those one-pot meals that are the perfect sum of their parts. That’s why, as much as possible, I choose to use ingredients like quality organic turkey, whole wheat pasta, and tomato sauce from quality Italian tomatoes.
Pomi tomato sauce is one of my regularly used pantry ingredients. It’s all natural. Meaning, no artificial ingredients or preservatives. No salt. Fat Free. Gluten Free. BPA and GMO Free. And for me as a home cook, I absolutely appreciate its quality garden-fresh taste.
Check out the recipe below!Print
Turkey Lasagna Soup is a healthier, lighter riff of classic lasagna. Still as tasty and comforting. And a lot less work to put together!
- Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups Pomi All-Natural Tomato Sauce
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 8 oz broken lasagna noodles or Campanelle pasta, whole wheat or gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup packed, fresh basil chiffonade
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot like this one, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onions and garlic. Cook 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey, and cook stirring regularly until browned (or fully cooked through). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth, water, Pomi tomato sauce, bay leaves, oregano, paprika, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil for 4 minutes, then turn heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Uncover, add pasta, and raise the heat and cook according to package until pasta reaches al dante. Stir in parsley and basil.
- Make the ricotta-Parmesan topping. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix
- Transfer lasanga soup to serving bowls. Top each bowl with a sprinkle of mozzarella and the ricotta-Parmesan topping. Enjoy hot.
- For an even lighter version, omit the cheese toppings.
- Recommended for this recipe Pomi all-natural tomato sauce from premium quality Italian tomatoes. Find it on Amazon here, or see store locator for a store near you!
- And from our extra virgin olive oil collection Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Turkey, Soup, Soup, Hearty Soup, Lasagna Soup, Healthy Soup