Best roasted chicken breast recipe you will find! Marinated in lemon and olive oil; flavored with Mediterranean spices like allspice, sumac, paprika and topped with Za’atar. Roasted to fall-off-the-bone perfect.
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Za’atar spice, divided
- 2 tbsp toasted shaved almonds
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the Marinade
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a deep dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with the marinade. To ensure good flavor, work some of the marinade underneath the skin of the chicken breasts. Cover and place the chicken in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and the marinade to a baking dish or a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with a little more sumac and paprika. Now sprinkle 1 tbsp of the za’atar, and take another tbsp of za’atar to work underneath the skin of chicken breasts. You should have 1 tbsp za’atar left for later.
- Place the chicken in the 400 degrees F heated-oven; roast for 40-45 mins.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with a little more sumac and the remaining za’atar. Garnish with the toasted nuts and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- Recommended for This Recipe: Our All-Star Mediterranean Spice Trio: Za’atar, Sumac, Allspice. Sweet Spanish Paprika, and our Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from organically grown and processed Koroeniki Olives)
- SAVE! Try our Essential Spice Bundle and the Greek Olive Oil Bundle of two!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked chicken, Za'atar chicken, roasted chicken breast, roasted Za'atar chicken