Simple Baked Sole fillet, Spiced Mediterranean-style and baked in a buttery lime sauce. Green onions, dill, and capers are welcomed additions here!
- 1 lime or lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp ghee or unsalted melted butter (if you like it buttery, then add up to 1/2 cup)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly-sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp seasoned salt, or to your taste
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 lb Sole fillet (about 10–12 thin fillets)
- 4–6 green onions, top trimmed, halved length-wise
- 1 lime or lemon, sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil and melted butter with a dash of seasoned salt. Stir in the shallots, garlic and capers.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the seasoned salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Spice fish fillets each on both sides.
- Place the fish fillets on a lightly-oiled large baking pan or dish. Cover with the buttery lime mixture you prepared earlier. Now arrange the green onion halves and lime slices on top.
- Bake in 375 degrees F-heated oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the fish fillets from the oven and garnish with the chopped fresh dill.
- Serve next to white rice or roasted Greek potatoes and a simple Mediterranean salad.
- If sole fillet is not available to you, you can try a different white fillet of fish. Only, you might have to adjust baking time as Sole Fillet is quite a thin fillet of fish.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Sole, Sole Fillet, Mediterranean Sole, Fish