Easy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe; prepared Greek-style with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Finished with a little feta cheese and fresh parsley and served with a classic Greek Tzatziki sauce.
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
- 2 large lemons, zested and juiced (about 1/2 cup lemon juice)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Wings
- 3 lb chicken wings
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- Sliced lemons, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Tzatziki sauce (see recipe here)
- Make the marinade a couple of hours and up to one day ahead of time. Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and the remaining marinade ingredients (only add the cayenne if you want spicy wings).
- Now add the chicken wings and toss to coat the wings evenly. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the chicken wings on a large baking sheet and bake in the heated oven for 45-50 minutes or till ready (internal temperature should register at least 165 degrees F). Move the chicken wings to the top rack and broil briefly until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes or so.
- If serving with tzataziki sauce, make the Tzatziki sauce according to this recipe, while the chicken wings are baking. Transfer the sauce serving bowl, and cover the sauce and refrigerate until ready for use (just give the sauce a little stir just before serving).
- Transfer the chicken wings to a serving bowl or platter. Garnish with feta cheese, lemon slices, and a generous sprinkle of fresh parsley. Serve with the Greek Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: If you have the time, allow the chicken wings to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or up to 1 night. Take out of the fridge about 15 minutes or so before baking.
- Cook's Tip: For best results, be sure to spread the chicken wings in one layer on a large sheet pan (do not crowd the pan. Use 2 pans if needed.)
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!) and all-natural sweet paprika.
- SAVE! Try our Greek olive oil bundle! Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack or our all-natural or organic spices.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek chicken wings, baked chicken wings, appetizer