Easy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe; prepared Greek-style with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Finished with a little feta cheese and fresh prasely and served with a classic Greek Tzatziki sauce.
To say that I just served these baked Greek chicken wings to a hungry party crowd would be a lie. Truth is, it was an uneventful night. I was testing my wings recipe, and my little family provided support by
taste-testing inhaling them!
You can count on this though, the next time we host a gathering of any kind, these Greek chicken wings will be on the menu!
As the title indicates, this is baked chicken wings recipe is a simple Greek twist on the beloved classic. The key is in the marinade–olive oil, lots of citrus, garlic, and a few spices, including a generous amount of oregano.
I like to bake these Greek chicken wings until they are nice and crispy. A side of Greek Tzatziki (yogurt and cucumber sauce) is all you need next to these wings!
Greek Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Greek
For the Marinade
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large lemons, zested and juiced (about 1/2 cup lemon juice)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, if you want spicy wings)
For the Wings
- 3 lb chicken wings
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- Sliced lemons, for garnish
- Fresh chopped prasley, for garnish
For the dipping Tzatziki Sauce
- Make the marinade a couple of hours and up to one day ahead of time. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and the remaining marinade ingredients (only add the cayenne if you want spicy wings).
- Now add the chicken wings and toss to coat the wings evenly. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spread the chicken wings on a large baking sheet and bake in the heated oven for 45-50 minutes. Move the chicken wings to the top rack and broil briefly until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat when ready (internal temprature should register at least 165 degrees F).
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the Tzatziki sauce according to this recipe. Transfer to a serving bowl, and cover the sauce and refrigerate until ready for use (just give the sauce a little stir just before serving).
- Transfer the chicken wings to a serving bowl or platter. Garnish with feta cheese, lemon slices, and a generous sprinkle of fresh parsley. Serve with the Greek Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!