Busy cooks, say hello to another no-fuss, comforting, skillet chicken recipe: garlic Dijon chicken. Be sure to watch the video for how to make this Dijon Chicken and see my suggestions for what to serve along (below).
When in doubt, it's boneless chicken thighs to the rescue! I always keep them on hand because they are so easy to work with. And, honestly, they're kinda hard to mess up (they don't dry up as easily as chicken breasts do.)There are so many ways to dress up the humble thighs turning them into glorious dinners from balsamic chicken to chicken couscous.
This time, I made a simple sauce with fresh garlic, Dijon mustard and a few favorite spices. The Dijon chicken goes in my regularly-used cast iron skillet for a quick bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. The kitchen smells like heaven!
What to serve with this Garlic Dijon Chicken
This garlic Dijon Chicken is quite a versatile dish that you can pair up with your favorite sides. I usually make this easy Lebanese rice and vermicelli or these Greek potatoes. OR, try these easy roasted veggies. And to brighten things up, add this loaded Balela salad or my lazy 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad.
Important Tip for Garlic Dijon Chicken
One thing to remember, this garlic Dijon chicken bakes quickly, so it's a good idea to prepare sides first.
Watch how I make this skillet Dijon Chicken Recipe
Easy, flavor-packed garlic Dijon chicken is the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8 pieces)
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into large pieces
For Garlic Dijon Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take chicken out of the fridge. Pat dry and season on both sides with salt. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Make the honey garlic Dijon sauce. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, spices, and salt. Mix.
- Add chicken to the honey garlic Dijon sauce. Coat each piece well with the sauce, then transfer chicken to a large lightly-oiled cast iron skillet (or baking sheet). Pour any Dijon sauce left in bowl on top. Add the onions.
- Bake in heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken thighs are fully cooked through (internal temperature should register 165 degrees F)
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot with Lebanese Rice and loaded Balela salad or this simple 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad (see additional suggestions above)
- Cooking Tip: This garlic Dijon chicken bakes quickly, so it's a good idea to prepare sides first.
- Recommended for this Recipe: our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And from our all-natural and organic spice collections: ground coriander, and sweet Spanish paprika.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle; or create your own 6-Pack or 3-Pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Garlic Chicken, Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Easy Chicken Recipe
More Recipes to Try: