Another winning sheet-pan meal: Greek Chicken and Potatoes! I promise you, this will be a regular on your dinner rotation.
But there is everything right with combining the best of both worlds–all on one sheet pan–like today’s easy Greek chicken and potato!
We start with chicken pieces that have been seasoned with salt and then seared in extra virgin olive oil for super crispy skin. The chicken gets finished in the oven with potatoes in a flavorful cooking liquid with garlic (lots of it), citrus, and a generous pinch of quality rosemary (have you tried our organic rosemary yet?!)
What was once mundane, turns a succulent, tangy, vibrant sheet-pan dinner. And with little effort. I like to complete this Greek chicken party with Traditional Greek Salad, or this lazy Mediterranean salad, and a side of creamy Tzatziki sauce.
watch how to make this greek chicken recipe
- 4 to 5 pieces chicken, bone in, skin on (I used 2 breasts and 3 legs)
- 4 gold potatoes (about 2 lb), scrubbed clean, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved then sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/2 cup more for later
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 pitted quality kalamata olives, optional
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt (lift the skins and apply salt underneath as well). Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pat dry again if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the potato wedges and onions on large sheet pan. Season with salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin-side down to brown (about 5 t0 7 minutes,) then flip over and sear briefly, another 3 minutes or so. (do this in batches, if you need to). Transfer from skillet to the prepared sheet pan, nestled between the potato wedges, keeping everything in one layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice, minced garlic, rosemary, and nutmeg. Pour all over the chicken and potatoes; lift chicken pieces so some of the juice will flow under, and toss potatoes until well-coated.
- Now, pour chicken broth into the pan, but do not pour over the chicken. Add lemon slices on top.
- Bake in heated oven uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken and potatoes are tender. Occasionally, flip the potatoes over. (Chicken’s internal temperature should register at 165 degrees F)
- Remove from heat and add kalamata olives, if you like. Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley. Serve with Greek salad, Taztaziki sauce and a side of pita bread. Enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe: Our Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil; organic rosemary and all-natural ground nutmeg. Save! Create your own 3-pack or create your own 6-pack of all-natural and organic Mediterranean spices!