Simple and delicious Italian Oven Roasted Vegetables! The perfect side dish in minutes!
When we think roasted vegetables, root vegetables like carrots, potatoes, or parsnips, are a an obvious choice. But nearly every vegetable can be prepared in the same way.
My go-to oven roasted vegetables take on a simple Italian twist. Along with baby potatoes, I like to use mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Tips for Best Oven Roasted Vegetables
You hardly need to think about this dish, but if you’re looking for exceptional results, I have a few secrets for you:
1- Garlic! Lots of garlic, in fact. In this recipe, I usually add 10-12 garlic cloves. Once roasted, the garlic lavishes a welcomed sweetness and earthiness.
2- Quality olive oil. I use a lighter olive oil with a hint of fruitiness here. And although the recipe says “drizzle,” the key is not to skimp on the oil. You will need a generous enough amount to make sure everything is well coated. This gives great flavor and allows the veggies, especially the zucchini and tomato to char a little.
3- Keep the seasoning simple. True to Italian flavors, I used a little dried oregano and thyme (an already mixed Italian seasoning would work great here). I like to serve grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes next to these oven roasted veggies. That way, those who need a little more punch, can sprinkle away!
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, ends trimmed
- 12 oz baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 12 oz Campari tomatoes (grape or cherry tomatoes will work also)
- 2 zucchini (or summer squash), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-12 large garlic cloves, peeled
- Olive oil
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms, veggies, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil (about ¼ cup olive oil or so). Add the dried oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the coated mushrooms and veggies on a lightly-oiled baking sheet. Roast in the heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender (some charring is good!)
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
More Recipes to Try