- 2 lb salmon fillet
- Kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Parsley for garnish
For Lemon-Garlic Sauce:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the lemon-garlic sauce. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano, paprika and black pepper. Give the sauce a good whisk.
- Prepare a sheet pan lined with a large piece of foil (should be large enough to fold over salmon). Brush top of the foil with extra virgin olive oil.
- Now, pat salmon dry and season well on both sides with kosher salt. Place it on the foiled sheetpan. Top with lemon garlic sauce (make sure to spread the sauce evenly.)
- Fold foil over the salmon (seam-side up). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until salmon is almost completely cooked through at the thickest part (cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your fish. If your salmon is thinner, check several minutes early to ensure your salmon does not overcook. If your piece is very thick, 1 1/2 or more inches, it may take a bit longer.)
- Carefully remove from oven and open foil to uncover the top of the salmon. Place under the broiler briefly, about 3 minutes or so. Watch closely as it broils to make sure it doesn’t overcook and the garlic does not burn.)
- Cook's Tip: Once you remove salmon from the oven, if it still appears underdone, you can wrap the foil back over the top and let it rest for a few minutes. Don't leave it too long, Salmon can easily go from under-cooked to way over-cooked quickly.
- How do you know if Salmon is ready? When the salmon flakes easily with a fork, it's ready. If you like, you can use an instant read thermometer to check the fish for doneness. The USDA recommends a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, which should be measured at the thickest part of the fillet
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lemon Garlic Salmon, Baked Salmon, Garlic Salmon, Baked Salmon in Foil