Simple, unique, and flavorful is what this Moroccan carrot salad is all about! Tender cooked carrots are tossed with fresh herbs and warm Moroccan spices like cumin and harissa, then dressed in lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil. The final touch, a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds!
- Kosher salt
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into medallions
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3/4 tsp harissa spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (mint or parsley would work as well)
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook for about 20 minutes until nice and tender. Drain.
- Transfer the cooked carrots immediately to a large mixing bowl. And while nice and warm, season with a dash kosher salt, and the spices (harissa spice, cumin, coriander and paprika.) Add minced garlic, celery, cilantro, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- If you like, add a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Give the carrot salad a good toss to combine. Set the carrot salad aside for a bit before serving (it’s best served at room temperature.)
- Cook’s Tip: Seasoning and dressing the carrots while warm yields best flavor.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make this salad in advance. Let it cool completely, then place in a tight-lid glass container in the fridge. Take it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving to bring it closer to room temperature.
- What to Serve This Carrot Salad with? This salad is great as a starter or a side next to things like Moroccan chicken, Kofta Kebabs, Moroccan Fish, or Za’atar Chicken (more ideas up in the post.)
- Visit Our Online Shop to browse all-natural spices including harissa, cumin, coriander and paprika! You will also find our selection of Greek extra virgin olive oil, including Early Harvest EVOO.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Moroccan Carrot Salad, Healthy Carrot Salad, Carrot Salad Recipe