An all-star recipe for Moroccan carrot salad with cilantro, warm spices & a light dressing of lemon juice & olive oil. Healthy and delicious crowd pleaser!
- 4 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb baby-cut carrots
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, more if you like spicy
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the water and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then add the carrots and cook until tender (15-20 minutes). Drain and let cool.
- Transfer the carrots to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until needed. Serve at room temperature.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Moroccan carrot salad recipe, salad with carrots