A healthier, rustic sweet potato gratin with pears. Simply spiced and roasted to perfection, then finished with a drizzle of warmed honey and lemon juice.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-rounds
- 1 large Bosc pear, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-rounds
- 3 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil combined with 1 tbsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, more for later
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, more for later
- 3 tbsp quality honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Toasted walnuts or pecans, a handful
- Raisins, a handful
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato and pear slices. Add the olive oil and melted butter mixture. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, nutmeg and cinnamon. Toss to combine
- Arrange the seasoned potato and pear slices in a gratin dish or large cast iron skillet.
- Bake in the heated oven for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove from oven.
- Place the honey in a small bowl and warm briefly in the microwave (about 20 seconds or so in 50% power). Stir lemon juice into warmed honey, then drizzle all over the pear and potato gratin. And if you like, sprinkle a tiny pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add Gorgonzola cheese and a handful of toasted walnuts and raisins. Enjoy!
- Recommended for this Recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). Organic rosemary and all-natural nutmeg.
- SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle and Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack of fresh, all-natural and organic spices!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Pear and Sweet Potato Gratin, Gratin, Pear, Sweet potato, Vegetarian side