These easy, crispy baked sweet potato fries in olive oil are everything you want in a fry but with far less guilt! You can make these in the oven or in the air fryer. Baked to perfection--crispy on the outside, fluffy and tender on the inside. I like to serve them with a bit of homemade tahini sauce for dipping, but the possibilities are endless. Vegan. Gluten Free. Whole 30 and Paleo-friendly!
For Sweet Potato Fries:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into wedges or thick battons (1/4 inch thick or so)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
- Seasoning of your choice (I used 2 tsp za'atar, 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika, and pinch of cayenne pepper.)
For Tahini Sauce (optional)
- Place cut sweet potato fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water for about 30 minutes (or refrigerate overnight.) This is an optional step, but can absolutely help the fries crisp up. Drain and rinse out the bowl and dry it well.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the fries dry and return to the clean dry bowl. Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil (about 2 to 3 tbsp.) Toss to make sure all the fries are well-coated with the oil. Mix the za'atar and paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, then add to the fries and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer the fries to a large sheet pan, lined with parchment paper. Do not crowd the pan; if you have to, use 2 pans.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove the pan to flip the fries over and arrange them nicely. Return the pan back to the oven and bake another 15 to 20 minutes or so or until cooked through and crispy.
- While fries are baking, prepare the Tahini for dipping (or any other dipping sauces you plan to use.)
- Remove from heat and transfer and season with salt. Sprinkle with more of the za'atar and spices to your liking. Transfer the fries to a cooling rack and let them rest for about 5 minutes or so before serving.
- Serve with tahini for dipping. Enjoy!
- Air Fryer Instructions: For those of you who prefer using an air fryer, coat the sweet potato fries with the olive oil and spices as per the recipe directions. Air-fry the sweet potato fries in batches by cooking them one layer at a time. Fry potatoes at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes. About halfway through, shake the basket to flip the fries. When done, dust with more spice to taste and air fry for an additional 3 minutes. Season with salt and more of the spices to your liking.
- Visit our Online Shop to browse our olive oils and all-natural spices including za'atar
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Sweet Potato Fries, Baked Sweet Potato Fries